Are malocclusions destroying your smile? Malocclusions refer to irregular or bad bites that create misalignments in your smile. These can be as simple as a single tooth slightly out of position or extreme spacing issues that leave major gaps between teeth. Listed below are a few common types that exist:
– If the center of your upper incisors doesn’t align properly with the center of your lower incisors, you may have misplaced midlines.
– If your upper incisors protrude out past your lower incisors, you may have an overbite.
– If your lower incisors protrude out past your upper incisors, you may have an underbite.
– If your incisors do not meet in the middle correctly when you bite down, you may have an open bite.
Other forms of malocclusion
– If your lower jawbone does not correctly align with your upper jawbone, you may have a crossbite.
– If your teeth do not erupt above the gum line in the proper position, you may have a transposition malocclusion.
– If your teeth are out of their proper alignment, you may have a rotation malocclusion.
– You may have spacing malocclusions if your teeth are overcrowded or if there are large gaps between teeth.
If you would like Dr. Layne K McCord & Matt McCoy and our team at McCord Orthodontics to bring you in for an oral exam, please contact our orthodontic office in Idaho Falls, Idaho, by calling us at 208.529.8333. Have a fantastic day!